Wow, so today I’m finally up & out of bed. I had slept so well. Reason? I’m house sitting & its a whole lot quieter over here. Where I live? Is a ground floor apartment. And I don’t need to tell all of you that it is a major pain in the ass, if your upstairs neighbors exhibit alot of anger i.e. punching the walls, yelling screaming at their: girlfriend, boyfriend or whatever…this last one? I HATE! I grew up around alot of violence among the very same people (parents) who had raised me. Also domestic violence.
A little advise for you couples who fight? Get your ass away from your partner, check into a motel, cool off, and get some COUNSELING for goodness sakes please! cause it isn’t fair for the rest of us to have to hear your B.S.
However I digress.
Here’s how I cope with:
lack of family around
Here is a partial list of how I do it. For you that are in the same boat? You may have different coping skills.
1. Watching my favorite shows (on DVD) from the 80’s & 70’s. I prefer the old classic shows of my youth. TV today sucks!
My recommendations fellow bloggers & readers: Hunter The Complete series
The Carol Burnett Show (Some of the skits are corny, but there are some prize gem comedy skits & music finales.
2. I write & I blog. I direct my anger & sometimes a little bit of joy (which hasn’t been lately) into the written word everyone. I realize that some or all of you may not agree with me? Well that’s not why I write. I write to get that 2,000 pound load off my chest & head.
3. I go for a walk. That sure has helped. There is a great trail I have recently used, however I stay vigilant & pack a portable weapon of O.C. spray + something else secretly stashed on my person JUST IN CASE. I don’t trust anybody.
4. Martial Arts (thats pending due to money, but will enroll once I have met my goal)
5. House sitting. Theres a nice house, and 3 little dogs.
6. I do want a dog. However my apartment charges 400 dollars just for a deposit! So I have a pet deposit in addition to what it may cost to buy a small dog. Or getting one at the dog pound. So its pending everyone.
7. Goals everyone! I’ve set my sights & aspiration on a career goal, I’ve changed my mind alot. It’s the maritime. Still pending on this one. Since I have to act as my own career counselor (remember I have never had any help on the direction of my life EVER) this one is still in the works. Still waiting on the vocational counseling agency run by the State to re-open my case. Yeah, its a long story.
8. Well thats it for now.
It makes me so sad that in all of my life NO ONE took the time to give me any direction whatsoever, and that hurts me worse than all of the verbal + physical abuse + abandonment from my Mother at a young age, put together.
How I steered clear of being one of SEVERAL women of color to avoid incarceration is a F**king mystery to me.
I wouldn’t mind finding the love of my life right about now, but maybe it will happen.
Like the song says I NEED A MIRACLE.